If you’re running a business, it’s important to have a strong online presence. But what exactly does that mean? There are a lot of different aspects to consider, such as website design, digital marketing, and search engine optimization (SEO).
In this blog post, we’ll break down the differences between web designing vs digital marketing so that you can better understand how to create a successful online presence for your business.
Web Design 101
Your website is your virtual storefront; it’s how potential customers will find out about your products or services, and it’s where they’ll go to learn more about your company. That’s why it’s so important to make sure that your website is well-designed and easy to navigate.
Good web design starts with choosing the right platform. There are a lot of different options out there. Once you’ve chosen your platform, you’ll need to select a domain name (this is your website’s address, such as www.example.com) and then start designing your site.
When designing your website, there are a few key elements to keep in mind:
- Navigation: You want potential customers to be able to find what they’re looking for quickly and easily. Make sure your menus are clear and organized and that all of your pages are easy to access from the home page.
- Design: Keep your website design clean and simple.
- Content: Your website content should be well-written and informative; avoid using “fluff” or filler content just to fill up space on your pages. Every word on your site should serve a purpose.
- Calls to Action: Include calls to action (CTAs) on every page of your site; these could be things like “Sign up for our newsletter” or “Visit our store.” CTAs prompt visitors to take action, which is essential for driving conversions (more on that later).
- Contact Information: This could be things like an email address, phone number, or physical address. You want potential customers to be able to get in touch with you easily if they have any questions or concerns.
Digital Marketing Basics
Now that we’ve talked about web design let’s move on to digital marketing. Digital marketing is all about promoting your business online through various channels such as search engines, social media, email, and paid advertising. The goal of digital marketing is twofold: first, you want to attract potential customers to your website—and then you want to convert them into paying customers.
There are a lot of different digital marketing strategies that you can use to achieve these goals.
The best way to figure out which career option is right for your business is by working with an experienced agency who can help you to work with specific goals and needs.
So what’s the difference between web design and digital marketing?
Web design is all about creating an aesthetically pleasing and user-friendly website for potential customers—while digital marketing is about promoting that same website through various online channels in order to attract visitors and drive conversions. Both are essential for any business that wants to succeed online!